When it comes to UI design and product management, there aren't any good resources out there that teach you all the main things you need to know in one place. I learned through practice, mentors, and a few key books along the way.
On UI design:
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information - Edward Tufte
- The Design of Everyday Things - Don Norman
- Hot Text: Web Writing that Works - Lisa and Jonathan Price
On managing software development:
On design in the larger sense, how to understand problems and make good things:
- Notes on the Synthesis of Form - Christopher Alexander
The first half is the good part. Don't bother with the formalism in the second half.
- The Process of Creating Life - Christopher Alexander
On business and building the right thing:
- Integrating Around the Job to be Done - Clayton Christensen
- The Innovator's Dilemma and The Innovator's Solution - Clayton Christensen and Michael Raynor
Get in touch
© 2011-2014 Ryan Singer